First ever gay Muslim wedding takes place in U.K - Nigeria News - Top Breaking News In Nigeria

Nigeria News - Top Breaking News In Nigeria

NEWS, EVENTS, ENTERTAINMENT, LIFESTYLE, FASHION, BEUATY, INSPIRATION ALL THE LATEST NAIJA NEWS | CELEBRITIES | ENTERTAINMENT | FOREIGN | GOSSIPS | GIST | AND LOTS MORE AS SOON AS IT BREAKS.

Breaking

11/07/2017

First ever gay Muslim wedding takes place in U.K

The first ever gay Muslim wedding has taken place in the UK, as happy grooms Jahed Choudhury, 24, and Sean Rogan, 19, who have been dating for two years, tied the knot wearing traditional golden Sherwanis in a civil ceremony at Walsall registry office.

Gay-muslim-marriage

Their relationship was ignited when Sean met Choudhury crying on a bench in Darlaston, and according to Choudhury, Sean has stood by him since then.

He told Express and Star: “I’d not long overdosed and I was crying on a bench and Sean came over and asked if I was okay.”
However, Choudhury admitted that being an openly-gay Muslim made him feel like something of a ‘black sheep’ and that he ‘stood out like a sore thumb’ and often felt trapped between his se*uality and faith. He further revealed that he tried to deny his orientation and even took medication and a pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia and Bangladesh.
Gay-muslim-marriage

Although his family weren’t present for the ceremony, Choudhury believes the wedding is significant progress for the Muslim and LGBT communities alike.
He said: “My family doesn’t want to come on the day, they just don’t want to see it, it’s too embarrassing for them.” Choudhury says that some of his family members dismiss his se*uality and happy relationship with Sean as a ‘disease’ or a phase. I want to say to all people going through the same thing that’s it’s okay – we’re going to show the whole world that you can be gay and Muslim.”
INTERESTING? PLEASE DO SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS USING THE SHARE BUTTON BELOW.

4 comments:

  1. I like this! People always say Islam is a very conservative religion, but this makes it seem more progressive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I like it too. Let the whole world see for themselves that Islam is not all that conservative.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I'm a Muslim woman, working in the government sector. I drive to work myself everyday. I write, I travel, I enjoy life the way I wish to. People who think Islam is not progressive have rigid ideas stuck in their head. For me, they are conservative themselves!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...